Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

What's for Supper? Menu 5

I love planning menus ... but some weeks, we just need comfort food. The way that this winter has been seemingly never-ending, I have enjoyed trying more "new" recipes, just to add a little bit of excitement to our week. This week, I have picked no "new" recipes (which is very unusual ... there are usually at least 2 if not 3 per week). This week, I let each member of my family pick one meal - so, without a doubt, this menu is comprised of some of the favorite meals of our family.

Meal #1: Matt
Garlicky Shrimp Scampi served over Angel Haired Pasta
Caesar Salad
Home-made Bread Sticks

Meal #2: Rick (father-in-law)
Winter's Catch - Italian Fish Fry
Rice Pilaf
Garlicky Green Beans
Honey-Wheat Bread

Meal #3: Trevor
Taco Night: Tacos for the boys and Taco Salad for the adults
Fresh Fruit

Meal #4: Nicholas
Cheeseburger Skillet (aka Home-made Hamburger Helper)
Sweet Corn
Fruit

Meal #5: Annette
Chicken Rice Soup
Home-made Bread
Salad

2 comments:

Marcy said...

I love this idea! I think I'll have to let others do the picking one of these days. Of course, I'll have to make sure the boys are actually at our house on the nights that I serve the meals they pick, eh?

Hey funny story though. So for as long as I can remember (here in the blog-world at least) I've been thinking that your blog was some other blog I've been following: Eat, Scrap, Love. I have no idea how I got that idea, but I think you follow it as well and maybe I followed a link in your blog and forgot. I don't know but I'd been wondering why you never had your own entries but you faithfully commented on mine. Then I read the most recent entries on that blog and my heart dropped! Then I noticed the name of the author was not Netters and began to wander around, eventually ending up at your ACTUAL blog, which is gorgeous, full of wonderful entries and - to be honest - is making me hungry.

So there you have it; the reason I haven't been here to comment. But now I've found you, girl - so get ready to feel the love!

Netters said...

Thank you Marcy - You are the sweetest and totally made my day.