Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Artichoke Chicken Casserole

This new recipe won the approval of my two toughest critics ... my sons (who even asked for second helpings). It was really easy ... and could even be assembled ahead of time to bake later. I may play around with some of the seasonings to "perfect" this ... but this was really good just the way the recipe originally was printed. Thank you Taste of Home magazine for another great recipe!



Artichoke Chicken Casserole from Taste of Home magazine
2 cups of bow tie pasta, uncooked
2 cups of cooked chicken
1 cup of Parmesan (I used Asiago ... did not have Parmesan)
1 cup of mayonnaise
1 clove of garlic, minced (I used 2 cloves)
1 can of artichoke hearts (packed in water), drained
1/3 cup of milk
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1/2 tsp of onion powder (I used a garlic/onion blend seasoning)
1/2 tsp of black pepper (I am not sure exactly how much I used ... I just used my grinder)
1 cup of Garlic/Onion Croutons, coarsely crumbled

Cook the pasta. Drain. Set aside.

Combine chicken, cheese, mayo, artichokes, milk, cream of chicken soup, and seasonings. Fold in the cooked pasta. Place in a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Top with the crushed croutons. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.


I hope you all enjoy this as much as we did!

No comments: