Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Wow ... It has been awhile!

I am sorry to say, I have neglected this blog for a long time. Life has been busy. My beautiful sister got married in May, I have had some pretty big projects and customer visits at work, and I have been working on projects around the house. I am sorry that I have been absent. I will do better.

Anyway, this past week, I had a movie night with a dear friend. We enjoyed a menu that radiates Summertime to me:

Margarita Pizza
Fresh Salsa and Tortilla Chips
Sweet Cream and Strawberries

It was delicious! We watched a couple of movies, talked, and just had a wonderful evening. I am looking forward to another movie night in the near future!

In case you are wanting to make your own Margarita Pizza - please find the recipe below:


Margarita Pizza
** This is a pizza that you can GRILL outside - or bake inside. They turn out equally yummy (and if you use the grill, you don't have to heat up your kitchen!)

12-inch pre-baked thin crust pizza shell

14.5 oz can tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic

1/3 cup pizza sauce

1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese

3 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced

1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped

Freshly ground black pepper

Preheat grill to medium and leave lid closed to keep hot.

Drain tomatoes with a strainer, removing as much liquid as possible. Spread pizza sauce over crust and top with the drained tomatoes. Sprinkle evenly with the Parmesan cheese. Evenly layer the mozzarella over the pizza, sprinkle on the fresh basil and then add some freshly ground black pepper.

Place pizza directly onto the grill. Close lid for 4 minutes (to make sure the crust is not burning). After 4 minutes, turn grill off and keep lid down for an additional 3 minutes, until the toppings are hot and the cheese is melty.

**For those of you who do not grill, this pizza can be baked in a pre-heated 425 degree oven for 10 minutes. The pizza can either be done directly on the oven rack, or on a pizza stone.


Enjoy!

No comments: