Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Home-made Hamburger Helper

As you may have guessed, I love to cook. I probably own well over one-hundred cook books and I love trying new recipes. However, I have two amazing little boys - with simple tastes and a love for junk food. Thanks, Grandma!

Anyway ... one of the meals that frequents our house as it is my boys' (all THREE of them) favorite is Home-made Hamburger Helper. It is one of my "go-to" meals for busy nights, when I don't have a lot of time to cook ... but I still want to feed my family well.

Home-made Hamburger Helper
(I think this takes about 15 to 20 minutes to prepare and cook - really quick meal!)

1 1/2 to 2 pounds of ground beef
1 1/2 cups of water
2 cups of uncooked pasta (I love using bow tie pasta)
1 can of condensed tomato soup
1 can of condensed cheddar cheese soup
Salt and pepper to taste

Brown the beef until cooked well. Add the soups, water, and uncooked pasta to the pan. Cook until the pasta is done and the mixture is bubbly. Serve to your family. In our family - I have to double the recipe, or I will not get supper that night!
I hope your family enjoys this as much as my family!

No comments: