Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

What's For Supper? Re-start: Summer Menu #1

I am passionate about cooking well-balanced, healthy meals for my family. It is one way that I express my love for them. I love looking at recipes and planning menus that I think will appeal to them.This week, I have planned 5 meals for our menu. I never assign a specific meal for a specific day of the week. I like to decide what sounds good that day, and also some meals take less prep time, and I like to save those for our busiest days.
Meal #1:
Mazetti
Garden Salad
Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits

Meal #2:
Grilled Hamburgers (with avocado, tomatoes, red onions, and cheese on garlic-toasted buns)
Home-style Seasoned Parmesan Fries
Fresh Fruit

Meal #3:
Breakfast for Supper!
Crispy Hashbrowned Potatoes
Turkey Bacon
Omelet Bar (cheeses, onions, mushrooms, bacon, sausage, peppers, fresh herbs, tomatoes, etc)

Meal #4:
Picnic in the back yard!
Lunch-Meat Sandwiches (various toppings)
Chips
Frozen Fruit Cups
Yogurt

Meal #5:
Taco Salad (or tacos for the boys)
"Mojitos" or "Margaritas" (non-alcoholic ... we have two young boys!)
Fresh Fruit (sensing a trend? SO glad it is Summertime!)
"Fried" Ice Cream (MMmmMMmmMMmmm!)


Yes - it is another week where my dear husband will miss out on nearly ALL of the wonderful menu plan ... but we will have to make up for his absence and enjoy the tasty foods that Summertime brings. I hope your family enjoys this time of year as much as we do!

No comments: