Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Trevinator's Big Day

Trevor: My first-born. Nick-name of choice, "The Trevinator" (Seriously... he just told me that this is what I should call him last night at the supper table). Designer of incredible Lego creations. Illustrator of super-heroes.


Trevor had a very exciting Thursday of last week: He lost a tooth at school. When I picked him up from school, Trevor excitedly relayed this information to me. "Mommy, at school today, I did something that no one else has ever done in my class during school. I lost a tooth!" He said that his substitute teacher told him, "Congratulations" and then they went to the school nurse where he was able to pick out a "Tooth Treasure Chest" to put his tooth in for the duration of school that day. We set the tooth in the Tooth Treasure Chest in the special place where the Tooth Fairy looks for teeth that night before bedtime. The next morning, Trevor was excited to find his bounty, in the place where the Tooth Treasure Chest had rested just the night before. I loved watching him as he excitedly showed his brother, before putting his Tooth Fairy money into his safe. What unbridled joy my son has! I am so blessed to have him as my son.

As I reflect on the excitement Trevor had over his lost tooth, I pray that he never loses his innocence and that he will always treasure the simplest pleasures that life has to offer. I need to become better at celebrating these small moments that life offers up. I need to remember to count my blessings - both big and small - every one!

No comments: