Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Starting Out

Where do I begin? I am not even sure what to say...



For quite some time, I have debated on starting a blog. I have lots of interests, a wonderful husband and two adorable little boys, and family and friends that are spread all over the United States. I thought, "This would be a wonderful way to capture memories and share them with my family and friends."



Then again, I love photography. It is my passion, really. I love "capturing" those fleeting moments for all time. Nothing tells a story quite as well as a picture... especially some of the ones I have with my boys. Their expressions sometimes say a lot more than I would like...



I am an avid scrapbooker. I love to capture my precious memories in albums. It is so much fun to look at them with my boys - and help tell them the story of their lives (again and again ...) I also enjoy helping others' capture their memories as well. I have worked on a heritage album for my grandparents, completed an album for my Mother that had pictures of my brother, sister and I from our younger years, and, occasionally, I work on projects for clients.



Let me discuss yet another area of interest that I have. I love to cook and bake. I enjoy reading cookbooks and food magazines. I love menu planning. I love going into a restaurant and dissecting my favorite dishes to try to recreate them at home. My poor family has to try so many new recipes every week ~ but, I do also make some of the family favorites too. I was thinking that a blog would be neat to help capture some of these recipes: To document the successes and failures; to share these recipes with my family and friends.



Well... I guess, I have rambled on enough in this "introduction" post. I look forward to comments and suggestions as I have officially entered into the world of "blogging."





Later,

Annette

No comments: