Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chicken Tonight...

I love chicken. I love using chicken in recipes. When I go to a restaurant, I love trying new and different creations with chicken. So, a very popular protein in the menus I create is chicken.

Tonight, I decided that we would have the Zesty Barbecue Chicken Breasts for supper. I made the sauce, poured it over my frozen (yes, FROZEN) chicken breasts and popped the whole mess into the oven in my stoneware casserole dish. Approximately 50 minutes later, supper was served. The boys just magically appeared from wherever they had previously been playing in the house and were very eager to have their supper (and SECONDS).


Zesty Barbecue Chicken Breasts (287 calories per serving)

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (I used frozen, because I did not have them thawed)

3/4 cup ketchup

1/2 cup salsa

1/4 cup honey

1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard

1 tsp chili powder

1/2 tsp cumin

Arrange chicken in a 9x13 casserole dish (sprayed with some non-stick cooking spray). Combine the remaining ingredients to make the sauce. Pour over the chicken, coating every piece. Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 50 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear. Serve immediately, with the sauce poured over top of the chicken.

*** We served this with some sweet potato pan fries and corn.


I hope that your family enjoys this meal as much as my family did!





No comments: