Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

So Good ... You May Just Cry

I am still laughing as I write this ... Seriously!

Tonight for supper, I was in the mood for soup. I saw I had a head of broccoli that I needed to use this week - so I decided I would make some Curried Cream of Broccoli Soup for my supper tonight (and still make the planned casserole for my boys to enjoy).
Well, the soup got done before the casserole. So, as I was pulling it out of the oven ... my youngest child walked into the kitchen, looked at the table and saw my bowl of soup and immediately started to wail. Big tears were forming in his eyes and he was crying, "I don't want to eat that supper, Mommy!"


After assuring him that he did not have to eat the icky green soup, I plated up the boys' meals. They were very relieved to find on their plates, one of their absolute favorite meals - Taco Crescent Bake. They cleaned their plates in no time... and I enjoyed my soup (which was only 126 calories).


Savor the flavor - and the time with your families...

No comments: