Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Crazy ... Chicken Bread Head?

My youngest son is an aspiring chef. I just know it. At 4 years old, he is my right hand guy in the kitchen. Tonight, while we were preparing our meal, he was right there with me - helping make an ordinary Friday night into a really fun time. I love sharing my passion for cooking with my boy ... I love our time together as we laugh, tell stories, and help each other.

My little helper has dubbed this dish, "The Craaazy Chicken Bread Head" I like it ... What do you think?


The Craaazy Chicken Bread Head (aka Crescent Wrapped Drumsticks) serves 4
8 chicken drumsticks (skin removed and discarded)
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup BBQ sauce (tonight we used a honey-barbeque sauce)
8 oz tube of crescent rolls
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter in a large skillet and add the BBQ sauce, stirring to combine. Add the drumsticks and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes, turning occassionally (or until meat thermometer reads 170 degrees). Remove from pan and let cool slightly. Separate crescent rolls and place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Brush with egg and sprinkle with cheese and Italian seasoning. Wrap dough around the drumstick; place seam side down. Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake 13-15 minutes, until golden.


DELICIOUS! Thanks to my willing helper!

No comments: