Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

What's for Supper: Fresh Flavors Menu #1

So ... I took most of the Summer off of posting my blog. While I did not necessarily post our weekly menus, my family did not miss out on meals that were packed with our favorite flavors of the season.

As the air grows crisp, the leaves start to embrace the vibrant hues of the season, and the days grow shorter - I still like to prepare simple, flavorful meals for my family. This is my favorite time of year. We are starting to plan our annual Autumn events: our Autumn party (complete with Cajun-infused turkey), a trip to our favorite apple orchard in Wisconsin, hiking in Palisades for our family pictures, and trips to the pumpkin patch are a few of our favorite activities that we are looking forward to the most. What is your favorite part of this season?

Before I drift any further away from the topic at hand ... this is what is on our plate for this week.

Meal #1:
Tasty Chicken Enchiladas (with an Italian Twist)
Spanish Rice
Pico de Gallo & Guacamole

Meal #2:
Funky Chicken (Faux-Fried)
Retro-Rotini Pasta Salad
Fresh fruit (peaches, blueberries, and strawberries)

Meal #3:
Summer Shrimp and Corn Chowder
French loaf
Garden salad with herbed vinaigrette

Meal #4:
Meatball Sub Sandwiches
Chips
Fruit Salad

Meal #5:
Tender Beef Stroganoff
Garden Salad
Garlicky Green Beans


We are looking forward to re-introducing some of our favorite foods back into our menu. I hope your family enjoys the flavors of fall as much as our family does.

No comments: